Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Making an Orchid box for the Appliqué Blocks



It was time to say goodbye to one of the Tuesday quilt girls as she packs up and heads back to her American home. She has come to love the Botanical gardens here in Singapore especially the amazing Orchid enclosure, therefore her gift needed to be themed with Orchids. 

The girls worked really hard and each produced an 8" block containing an appliqué orchid.

My gift wrapping came in the form of a handmade box but this time I covered it with photos of orchids which I had taken when I was doing research for my Orchid quilt.

Inside I lined the box with Japanese rice paper.

I know this gift has gone to a home where it will be cherished with all the memories from a small group of ladies that enjoy quilting in Singapore.

Have a great week.

HEATHER

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing collection of beautiful orchid blocks. And of course the box!!! What can I say???

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous. I'm sure she will think of you all when she walks past that beautiful box each day. What a thoughtful gift, and all the blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift. Your boxes are as nice as your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous Heather! What a fantastic gift for her to treasure as she moves away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure! It's absolutely beautiful Heather, and so are the orchid blocks. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete